The (Patent Pending) BluCube Universal Fire and acoustic speaker hood is just that – a fire hood that also performs as an effective acoustic barrier to sound leakage from behind an in-ceiling speaker.
Building regulations state that if you cut an aperture in the ceiling of a room, for instance to fit an in-ceiling speaker, you must ensure that the fire integrity of the ceiling is maintained.
Tested and assessed by Warrington Fire, a renowned and accredited UK testing facility, to British Standard 476 Part 21 in a standard domestic timber-joist and plasterboard ceiling, the BluCube Universal Fire Hood comfortably performed to such requirements.
Featuring a double-skin of intumescent fabric sandwiching a fire-proof foam and with a uniquely designed internal flange providing easy-installation, improved fire and acoustic absorbing performance and protection of the speaker from dust ingress, the BluCube UFH01 is a must for every installation.
Plus its one-size-fits-(nearly)-all design means it’s likely to be the only hood you need.
By using an internal rim design as opposed to an external design makes the hoods:
- Easier to install - The rim can be fixed using a bead of mastic/sealant/double-sided sticky tape and the swing-out dogs of the speakers clamp the hood in place.
- More air tight – therefore offer better fire protection and acoustic absorption.
- Twin-skinned intumescent with fire-retardant acoustic damping foam sandwiched between the skins
- One size fits both 6.5” or 8” speakers
- To fit a larger speaker the inner rim can be cut to size using a stitched seam as a guide
- Because the hood is sealed to the ceiling there will be less dust that can gather on the back of the speaker – It offers much better protection
- The foam is fire retardant
- The stitching is fire retardant
- Woven glass fibre material
- Internal Depth: 150mm
- Internal Diameter: 310mm
- Aperture Diameter (and Diameter to Seem): 190mm (240mm)
- External Depth: 160mm
- External Diameter: 340mm
- Weight: 200g
Why Buy From K&B Audio
Here's some of the benefits you get buying from us:
- Expert Advice - Call 02393 190955
- Free Delivery On Orders Over £99 - Read more
- 60 Day Happy Sound Guarantee - Read more
- Approved Retailers For Top Brands
- Extended Warranties (On Certain Products)
- VIP Club - Save On Future Orders - Join Now For FREE
- You Can Talk To Us - Meet The Team
All in all, we are a small business focused on improving lives through music at home, work and play.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us by live chat, e-mail or telephone on 02393 190955.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.