Send line level audio up to 100m using inexpensive CAT5 cable. We have tested these using the headphone jack from an iphone and also using the line output from a CD player as a source. We blind tested between using a 100m CAT5 cable with these adaptors and using a 1m interconnect and we could not hear any difference. Using a signal generator there is approximately a 4db roll off at around 19Khz. In short, they are cheap but they work extremely well!
Note they are intended for point to point use with a single CAT5 cable ONLY. They are not able to be connected to a LAN or any type of network adaptor/splitter/hub/switcher
For reference, the pins used on the CAT5 socket for the C5AUDIO adapters are as follows:
- TIP is wired to pin 8
- RING is wired to pins 5 & 6
- GROUND is wired to pin 7
- Colour: Black
- Sold as Pair
- Female Cat5 / Cat6 to Male 3.5mm stereo jack
- Upto 100m
6 Reasons To Buy From K&B Audio
Buying from us gets you a whole host of extra features and guarantees that can't be matched by most other retailers including big-name marketplaces.
- Expert Advice Call 02393 190955, Email or Live Chat To Discuss Your Project
- Fast & Free Delivery On Orders Over £89 - Read More
- 60 Day Returns Happy Sound Guarantee - Read More
- Approved Retailers For Top Brands
- Extended Warranties On Lithe Audio & Systemline Products
- We Are Real People - Meet The Team
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.