FAST & FREE DELIVERY On All Orders Over £99
LIFETIME SUPPORT Speak To Our Experts Anytime
PRICE MATCH PROMISE Seen It Cheaper? Click Here.
HOODY is a range of Fire and Acoustic speaker hoods that will bring all your installations into conformity with the latest IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings and walls.
The regulation states that once a hole has been made in a buildings fabric for a speaker the integrity of its construction and its ability to perform in a fire is significantly reduced.
HOODY2 meets all the UK building and IEE Regulations. HOODY is especially designed for in-ceiling speakers and features a fire rating of up to 90 minutes, is Parts B,L,C and E compliant and covers all makes of speakers from 7″ to 10″ designs.
Hoody, due to its acoustic construction will also stop a large amount of backwards sound leakage from the speakers to adjacent rooms, making in-ceiling speaker installation below a child’s bedroom for example, achievable.
We suggest an Acoustic Fire hood is fitted to all in-ceiling speaker locations, but it’s a requirement for all in-ceiling speakers that are installed in or adjacent to habitable rooms or within a location of access or escape.
- Prevents fire from penetrating the ceiling void and retains ceiling’s fire protection integrity
- Reduces speaker sound leakage to floors above
- Acoustic rated for compliance with document E of the building regulations
- Lightweight & flexible cover can be fitted from below or above the ceiling
- Installed in seconds and maintenance free
- Can be used for retro fit or new build installations
- Can be used in suspended or plasterboard ceilings
- Dimensions: 335mm x 180mm
- Tested to EN 6069 (1997)
- Fully meets UK building Regulations BS476 Part 23 relating to audio and fire dispersion in the home Parts E & F – 2004
Why Buy From K&B Audio
- Expert Advice - Call 02393 190955
- Fast & Free Delivery On Orders Over £99 - Read more
- 60 Day Returns Happy Sound Guarantee - Read more
- Approved Retailers For Top Brands
- Extended Warranties (On Certain Products)
- You Can Talk To Us - Meet The Team
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us by live chat, e-mail or telephone on 02393 190955.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.