HOODY3 meets all the UK building and IEE Regulations. HOODY is especially designed for in-ceiling speakers and features a fire rating of up to 90 minutes, is Parts B,L,C and E compliant and covers all makes of speakers from 7″ to 10″ designs.
Hoody, due to its acoustic construction will also stop a large amount of backwards sound leakage from the speakers to adjacent rooms, making in-ceiling speaker installation below a child’s bedroom for example, achievable.
We suggest an Acoustic Fire hood is fitted to all in-ceiling speaker locations, but it’s a requirement for all in-ceiling speakers that are installed in or adjacent to habitable rooms or within a location of access or escape.
- Prevents fire from penetrating the ceiling void and retains ceiling’s fire protection integrity
- Reduces speaker sound leakage to floors above
- Acoustic rated for compliance with document E of the building regulations
- Lightweight & flexible cover can be fitted from below or above the ceiling
- Installed in seconds and maintenance free
- Can be used for retro fit or new build installations
- Can be used in suspended or plasterboard ceilings
- Dimensions: 250mm x 350mm x 160mm
- Tested to EN 6069 (1997)
- Fully meets UK building Regulations BS476 Part 23 relating to audio and fire dispersion in the home Parts E & F – 2004
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.