Our fire and acoustic speaker hoods offer air-tight protection to comply with latest IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings.
Designed to house our ceiling speaker units, these hoods comprise a double-skin of intumescent fabric to provide the perfect fire safety solution.
Easy to fit and designed to blend in with your ceiling, these products are a must-have to maintaining the fire rating of your home or business.
- Fire retardant foam and stitching
- Fits existing Lithe Audio ceiling speaker models
- Twin-skinned intumescent cover with fire-retardant foam between skins.
- Hood is fixed firmly to plasterboard by the speakers locking grips.
- Suitable for installation in plaster board ceilings.
- Natural material colour - No colour pigments used in manufacture.
- Internal depth - 150mm
- Internal diameter - 310mm
- Hood speaker hole diameter - 200mm -250mm (Can be cut to fit )
- External depth: 160mm
- External Diameter - 340mm
- Weight: 200g
Does my ceiling need a fire hood?
IEE Regulation 527-02-01 requires that "Where a wiring system passes through elements of building construction..... the opening remaining after the passage of the wiring system shall be sealed according to the degree of fire resistance required of the element concerned."
Our insulated hoods help to maintain the fire rating of your ceiling, thereby ensuring your home is compliant. Designed to fit our all-in-one ceiling speaker range, they offer high tech insulation and bring peace of mind.
Will it affect the sound quality?
Our hoods are also designed to minimise any acoustic leakage that may occur. The material used in our models absorbs any erroneous sound, and makes sure sound reaches only those areas you intend.
Typical sound reduction caused by our hoods is in the order of 2db, meaning you can enjoy the superbly rich audio provided by our speakers without any waste!
One size fits all?
The majority of ceiling speakers have cut-out apertures ranging in diameter from 200-250mm. The aperture of the Lithe Audio Hood as delivered is 200mm but it can be enlarged by simply cutting the fabric. A guide is marked on the flange which is the typical diameter of an 8-inch driver speaker. There is a sewn seam to prevent the fabric fraying. It is preferable to avoid cutting this seam. If however, the hood needs to be cut to fit a speaker located close to a joist, it may be necessary, on occasion to cut the aperture offset from centre to accommodate the location. This is easily achieved and does not affect the performance of the hood.
Are they easy to install?
Our hoods cater for speaker diameters ranging from 200-250mm, making them very easy to fit to our existing ceiling speaker range.
Its inner flange can be easily fixed to the upper surface of the ceiling plasterboard, meaning very little work is required to provide fantastic air-tight insulation.
Why Buy From K&B Audio
Buying from us gets you a whole host of extra features and guarantees that can't be matched by most other retailers including big-name marketplaces.
- Expert Advice Call 02393 190955, Email or Live Chat To Discuss Your Project
- Fast & Free Delivery On Orders Over £89 - Read More
- 60 Day Returns Happy Sound Guarantee - Read More
- Approved Retailers For Top Brands
- Extended Warranties On Lithe Audio & Systemline Products
- We Are Real People - Meet The Team
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.