Used on its own, or in multiples, the CF230 presents beautiful sounding audio from its specially designed coincident driver. Featuring Monitor Audio’s innovative C-CAM metal cone technology and housing both the bass-midrange driver and tweeter within a single assembly unit, the result is superb quality sound from an incredibly compact driver.
In a pre-construction set-up, the CFB3-R & CFB3-SQ enable a seamless, flush fit appearance. You get clean lines, with no shadow-creating edges, and paint the grille to match the ceiling and the speaker disappears even further into the background.
The CFB3-KIT retrofit installation kit cleverly provides a firm fixing behind plasterboard/Sheetrock and requires just three screws to complete the fit. Forget cutting out huge chunks of material, and say goodbye to expensive bracket assemblies.
Add a subwoofer and the result is deep bass to further enhance the already impressive sound. Designed specifically for this model, the driver and chassis is a one-piece moulding, which saves space and enables maximum driver size compared to grille size. The completely enclosed rear assembly, and its fine mesh prevents ingress of dust and residual building materials.
The CF230’s ability to fit into any environment opens up numerous system possibilities. Available in mono or stereo formations, the CF230 provides consistent coverage in a room of around 3m², with a ceiling height of around 2.4m. It’s easy to drive, and its impedance of 8 Ohms means that a single stereo amplifier, such as the Monitor Audio IA150-2, can comfortably power a brace of CF230s.
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 100 Hz – 25 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 82.5 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Maximum SPL:
- 98 dBA (each – full range)
- 103.3 dBA (each – Using crossover)
- Power Handling (RMS):
- 30 Watts (full range – IEC268-5 rating)
- 100 Watts Music program (Using High Pass crossover filter @120 Hz)
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements:
- 10-30 Watts (full range)
- 10-100 Watts (Using High Pass crossover filter @120 Hz)
- Drive Unit Complement - 3" Bass/mid-range driver, featuring C-CAM cone. Coincident mounted 19 mm tweeter with C-CAM Gold Dome
- Overall Diameter (Including Grille) - 112 mm (47/16")
- Mounting Depth - 81.5 mm (3 3/16")
- Cut-Out Hole Diameter:
- Flush 120 mm (43/4")
- Retrofit 90 mm (39/16")
- Connection - Sprung push type terminals – Gold plated
- Weight - 0.44 kg (1 lb)
- Colour / Finish - White grille - paintable
- Pre-Construction Bracket:
- Flush Fit - CFB3-R Pre-Construction Bracket (round) and CFB3-SQ Pre-Construction Bracket (square)
- Retrofit - CFB3-KIT Bracket
- Pre-construction bracket – Pink (included in above kits)
- Sold As - Single Unit
What You Get
- 1 x Monitor Audio CF230 In Ceiling Subwoofer
- 1 x Cut Out Template
- 1 x User Guide
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.