The Monitor Audio IV140 invisible speaker is designed to deliver ‘best in class’ audio performance in concealed in-wall and in-ceiling applications. The IV140 meets the demands of designers, installers and end users by providing ultimate discretion, easy to fit installation and high performance.
Concealed in-wall or in-ceilings, the speaker fits into all conventional 4” stud bays, leaving enough room for cabling. Once installed and skimmed with plaster, the speaker is completely out of sight, with paint, light wallpaper or fabric hiding it from view.
A large low-frequency transducer and two high frequency transducers provide punchy, high power bass and sound vibration. This two-way transducer design also features an integrated crossover to generate a wider frequency range and deliver crystal clear sound quality with smoother overall balance and character.
An integrated back box design isolates sound and ensures consistent, controlled performance. This rigid back box reduces sound emitted from the rear of the speaker, minimising leakage into other rooms.
Monitor Audio’s IV140 is protected against overload by automatic re-setting circuit breakers (PTC). These will attenuate output for a specific time period to allow the system to cool until normal operation can safely resume.
- 2-way system with integrated crossover
- Pre-construction speaker designed to be plastered in to create ‘invisible’ appearance
- Low-frequency transducer, featuring high power ceramic magnetics and 40mm voice coil
- Dual High-frequency transducers, incorporating high power Neo magnets and 30mm voice coils
- Rigid MDF back box construction
- Integrated ‘hybrid’ controlled performance back box system – Fully sealed or open-back
- High Quality crossover – including metallised film capacitors and low loss steel core inductors
- Protected against overload by PTC’s (automatically re-setting breakers)
- Ideal for home cinema, distributed audio, hospitality, retail and commercial background music applications (where visible discretion is key)
- Frequency Response (-6dB): 75Hz – 18KHz (CP sealed), 55Hz – 18KHz (Open back)
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 82dB (when installed as directed)
- Impedance (nominal): 8 Ohms
- Maximum S.P.L (@1M): 102.8dBA
- Power Handling: 50 Watts (full range – IEC268-5 rating), 100 Watts Music program (Using Minimum 80Hz High Pass filter)
- Amplifier Requirements: 20-50 Watts (full range), 20-100 Watts (Using Minimum 80Hz High Pass filter)
- Driver Complement: 1 x Low-Frequency transducer, 2 x High-Frequency transducer
- Overall Dimensions: 350.5 Wide x 591 High (mm)
- Overall Depth: 95.5 mm
- Cut Out Dimensions: 401.5 Wide x 642 High mm
- Mounting Depth: 83.5mm
- Connection: Sprung push type terminals – Gold plated
- Fixing Type: Self-tapping screw
- Construction Material: 9mm MDF
- Finish: Black painted, white membrane
Why Buy From K&B Audio
- Expert Advice - Call 02393 190955
- Fast & Free Delivery On Orders Over £89 - Read more
- 60 Day Returns Happy Sound Guarantee - Read more
- Approved Retailers For Top Brands
- Extended Warranties (On Certain Products)
- You Can Talk To Us - Meet The Team
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us by live chat, e-mail or telephone on 02393 190955.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.