The WSS430 flagship maintains its siblings’ shallow depth – all three feature identical footprints – and offers supreme audio performance, drawing on design principles, and materials, from Monitor’s Audio’s high-end Platinum II speakers.
The WSS430 range topper employs dished C-CAM cones to ensure ultimate diaphragm rigidity – the main aim here is to reduce distortion. High strength Neo magnets and larger voice coils provide incredible driving force, low magnetic leakage, and slim profile. The magnetic system provides an ‘under-hung’ motor arrangement, ensuring the coil stays in the gap, reducing distortion further and increasing power handling.
Still just 50 mm deep, there is a lot going on with the WSS430. The MPD high frequency transducer technology – also from Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II designs – ensures incredibly low distortion, delivering clear high frequency to over 50 kHz. Remove the model’s magnetic front trim and you can rotate the tweeter to provide the optimum dispersion when using the model in landscape orientation.
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 70 Hz – 50 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 87 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Maximum SPL - 106.5 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 75 W Full range (120 W with crossover set to 100 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave)
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 10 – 120 W
- Drive Unit Complement - 3 x 3" dished C-CAM cone bass-mid drivers
- MPD High frequency transducer - rotatable for portrait or landscape application
- Crossover Recommendation using AVR/Processor - 100 Hz at a minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave optimum)
- Overall Dimensions - 385 x 140.5 mm (15 x 51/2")
- Overall Depth (Including Grille) - 54.25 mm (21/8")
- Cut-Out Dimensions - 346 x 101 mm (131/2 x 4")
- Mounting Depth - 50 mm (2")
- Connection - Gold Plated Sprung push terminals – For bare wire connection up to 3 mm2
- Fixing Type - 6 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
- Weight - 1.1 kg (2 lb 6 oz)
- Construction Material - Mineral filled ABS Plastic, RoHS2 Compliant. Painted steel grille
- Pre-Construction Bracket - WB3 Pre-Construction Bracket (Dark Blue)
- Sold As - Single Unit
What You Get
- 1 x Monitor Audio WSS430 In Wall Speaker
- 1 x Cut Out Template
- 1 x User Guide
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.