Reference XLR 40 builds on the multi-award winning Audio 40 Range of products, now available in XLR form.
XLR 40 is designed primarily for low capacitance as this has been identified by QED as a major factor which leads to a high fidelity experience. Further steps have been taken to eliminate minute timing errors in the cable by the use of a special floating Zn/Mn ferrite jacket alongside use of QEDs unique 'Tri-Conductor' technology reducing signal to ground capacitance to vanishingly low levels.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
AWARD WINNING HERITAGE
Reference XLR 40 builds on the multi-award winning Audio 40 range of products, now available in XLR form. QED have joined forces with world renowned professional audio connector supplier Neutrik (UK) to bring you an innovative new XLR balanced interconnect cable with legendary build quality and reliability.
PROFESSIONAL STANDARD NEUTRIK PLUGS
Neutrik XX-14 Nickel Series XLR gold plated connectors are provided as standard with Reference XLR 40 cables. These connectors are rugged and reliable and are the connector of choice for audio professionals around the world. They are particularly suited to QED's Tri-ConductorTM geometry due to the additional ground spring contacts which make for better shell ground continuity for the unique electrostatic screen which is only connected at the source end of the cable.
Silver plated conductors, LDPE dielectrics and legendary build quality combine to create audible sonic improvements. We urge you to compare Reference XLR 40 not only to your favourite cable but also alternative brands and models at any price!
FLOATING FERRITE JACKET
Absorbs high frequency noise signal components outside the audio band. When measured using high frequency measurement equipment, Audio 40 products convey a comparably cleaner and tighter signal pattern when its special Zn/Mn ferrite jacket is present.
UNIQUE TRI-CONDUCTOR TECHNOLOGY
QEDs unique Tri-Conductor technology uses a third Silver plated 99.999% OFC conductor which is integrally twisted alongside the similarly constructed signal pair to carry the ground return currents. This reduces signal to ground capacitance to vanishingly low levels affording the cable improved common mode rejection of mains hum pickup over ordinary "hot cold and screen" cables. This geometry is particularly effective in pro hi-fi audio applications when connecting pre and power amps using balanced cables.
- 99.999% Silver Plated Oxygen Free Copper 24 AWG Tri-Conductors with foamed PE dielectric
- QED Tri-Conductors provide a level of common mode rejection not found in ordinary "hot cold and screen" cables
- Unique floating Zn/Mn impregnated ferrite jacket
- 99.999% OFC outer shield braid for 100% electrostatic screening
- High performance gold plated Neutrik XLR connectors with low contact resistance and high signal integrity
- Conductor Section 0.25 mm2
- Parallel Capacitance 35 pF
- Self Inductance 0.8 uH
- Loop resistance 0.130 Ω /m
- Dissipation Factor@10kHz 0.0001
- Nominal Outside Diameter 8 mm
- QED Lifetime Guarantee
WHAT THIS CABLE IS USED FOR
Surround Sound Pre-amp
other XLR device
Surround Sound Amplifier
Other XLR device
Why Buy From K&B Audio
Buying from us gets you a whole host of extra features and guarantees that can't be matched by most other retailers including big-name marketplaces.
- Expert Advice Call 02393 190955, Email or Live Chat To Discuss Your Project
- Fast & Free Delivery On Orders Over £89 - Read More
- 60 Day Returns Happy Sound Guarantee - Read More
- Approved Retailers For Top Brands
- Extended Warranties On Lithe Audio & Systemline Products
- We Are Real People - Meet The Team
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.