QED Subwoofer 40 has been designed primarily for low capacitance, as this has been identified by QED as a major factor making for a tight sound which retains the rhythm of the original piece - vital when it comes to the 'bottom end!" Minute timing errors are ameliorated by the use of QED's Complementary Conductor TechnologyTM combined with a special floating Zn/Mn ferrite jacket to absorb very high frequency noise signals outside the audible band.
The QED AnalocTM plug design helps to control eddy currents which can also affect the micro-timing of the audio signal, maintaining high- fidelity from start to finish.
Award Winning Heritage
QED has won more What Hi-fi Awards than any other single brand. With the Reference cable range this heritage is delivered directly and without compromise. All QED cables are designed using the top down principle with Reference Subwoofer 40 representing the pinnacle of musical performance.
Floating Internal Ferrite Jacket
Absorbs high frequency noise signal components outside the audio band. When measured using high frequency measurement equipment, Audio 40 products convey a comparably cleaner and tighter signal pattern when its special Zn/Mn ferrite jacket is present. This has a beneficial effect on audio signal micro-timing and may account for the clear preference expressed for the ferrite jacket in listening tests. .
Silver plated signal carriers, effective high quality shielding and low eddy current plugs all combine to create audible sonic improvements. We urge you to compare it not only to your favourite cable but also alternative brands and models at any price!
Analoc RCA Plugs
This all new locking design features small high purity gold plated copper conductors in place of the usual large volume brass body found in ordinary "high quality" plugs. This cuts down or eliminates the tendency for the changing magnetic field in the conductor to induce eddy currents which are thought to affect the micro-timing of the audio signal. Coupled with its hollow central pin, which is designed to combat the skin effect in the same way as our X-Tube speaker cables, the new QED Analoc plug maintains the fidelity of the audio signal from start to finish.
Complementary Conductor Technology
Improves timing and detail, retaining the rhythm of the original piece - vital when it comes to the "bottom end." Unlike conventional analogue interconnects, Reference Audio 40 uses two silver plated 99.999% Oxygen Free Copper conductors of different diameters to carry the same audio signal. This has the effect of providing an alternative signal path for more subtle audio components which might otherwise become time smeared in a single audio pathway. Reference Sub Woofer 40 is further optimised by having a 25% smaller diameter than Reference Audio 40 making it more convenient for those long runs around the room.
- ED Complementary Conductor TechnologyTM with 99.99% Silver Plated Oxygen Free Copper
- Zn/Mn ferrite jacket to absorb high frequency noise signals
- Low losss foamed polyethylene (PE) dielectric
- 99.999% Oxygen Free Copper braid for 100% electromagnetic screening coverage in a coaxial geometry
- Twin leaf 24c Gold plated QED AnalocTM RCA plugs featuring high purity copper contacts, hollow centre pin and low eddy current design
- Conductor Section 0.30 mm2
- Parallel Capacitance 124 pF/m
- Loop Resistance 0.076 Ohm/m
- Loop Inductance 0.33 μH
- Dissipation Factor @ 10 kHz 0.0210
- Outside Diameter 6 mm
Why Buy From K&B Audio
Buying from us gets you a whole host of extra features and guarantees that can't be matched by most other retailers including big-name marketplaces.
- Expert Advice Call 02393 190955, Email or Live Chat To Discuss Your Project
- Fast & Free Delivery On Orders Over £89 - Read More
- 60 Day Returns Happy Sound Guarantee - Read More
- Approved Retailers For Top Brands
- Extended Warranties On Lithe Audio & Systemline Products
- We Are Real People - Meet The Team
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.