Firetopper Pro Acoustic Speaker Firehood (Pack of 6)
Speaker Firehood designed for use with 6-8" Round Ceiling Speakers with a Cut-Out Size of upto 300mm (Dimensions - 360mm*170mm(H)).
The Firetopper Pro Acoustic Speaker Firehood has been designed specifically for in-ceiling speakers and conform with the latest IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings.
- Wrap around design ensures improved acoustic, fire and thermal performance.
- No Fixings required - Hood is clamped firmly to plasterboard by the speakers swing clamps.
- Triple layer construction. Two intumescent layers encase fire retardant acoustic foam.
- Fire Red indicates to other trades, this is a fire safety product.
- Suitable for installation in suspended or plaster board ceilings.
- Restores the ceiling's fire integrity.
- Fully compliant with IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings - BS476 Parts 21, 23 for acoustic and fire dispersion.
- Reduces sound leakage into room above.
- Simple and rapid fixing free installation from below or above the ceiling.
WHAT YOU GET
- 6 x Firetopper Pro Firehood
- 6 x Installation Instructions
Installing these firetopper pro firehoods are simple, easy and can be done even after the speaker has been installed.
- Measure your speaker with the firehood and cut the rim bigger if necessary (as shown in instructions)
- Cut / poke a small hole in the firehood (In the side) in the correct location for the speaker wires
- Put the hood through speaker hole in the ceiling recess
- Feed wires through the hood
- Use adhesive to glue the rim of the firehood to the rim of the inside of the speaker hole
- Put the speaker back into the speaker hole so that the ceiling speaker dog ears (Speaker clamps) grip the hood and ceiling at the same time